Version 2.0 of Embroidery Reader is now available. It adds a few features and fixes some bugs as well.
Changes from version 1.5.1:
- Translation support – Italian, Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified translations have been submitted by users. (Thank you Andrea and Keetian!)
- Transparency grid option to help stitches stand out against the background, similar to some image editors
- A new MSI-based installer, which should have better support for all versions of Windows, including 64 bit
- Updated to .Net 4.0, which should allow Embroidery Reader to run on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Fixed some bugs
- Added some other bugs (probably)
Please note: version 1.5.1 and earlier must be uninstalled before version 2.0 can be installed. I tried to find an automatic way to do this, but it became too time consuming. Please accept this link to a Microsoft help article about uninstalling programs instead. 🙂
Jump over to the Embroidery Reader download page to get the update!